Songs from the Cold Seas

A Bjork performance on a Hector Zazou CD I had back in the day... powerful stuff and it builds beautifully... but finishes too early... there's another version on her album called 'Possibly Maybe'.


Lyrics (via Wikipedia)

My eye and your eye,
oh, those beautiful stones,
mine is yours and yours is mine,
you know what I mean.

Long it's been since I saw him,
truly beautiful he was,
all that could adorn one man,
he excelled most among men.

For you I grieve most of all men,
worn by a flood of tears,
oh, that we had never met,
my dear good friend.


I never saw another like that
shining man.
God alone knows I loved him
with every inch of my heart.

Though hot geysers should freeze,
valleys should cover with glaciers bare,
stones should speak and all that is,
never will I forget you.


The eye is quickly clear of tears,
loyalty breaks to pieces,
my heart is wounded,
betrayal is hard to endure.

Best I know your blossom,
the beauty deep in your fields
Farewell, my Eyjafjörður,
the fairest of lands.

I recall our first meeting,
though ancient love recedes.
Now it's like two dogs should
meet at a fox's den

Comments