500 posts

I started this blog at the start of 2020. 

At the time, I was all set to visit Iceland a number of times each year, working as a Field Guide / Study Tutor for Rayburn Tours.

Then everything changed... the pandemic shut down their operations. I did reading, collected a reasonable library of Icelandic books, did a spot of language practice (not that it's needed as people mostly speak excellent English)

The hiatus did at least mean I had some time on my hands, and spent quite a lot of it working on writing projects such as the blog.

I've just passed 10 000 posts on the blog too, which is quite slow going considering I have had that many visitors in one day from time to time over on my main LivingGeography blog.

The other good news is that I've now started work guiding groups. I may even bump into you out on the Golden Circle some day.

Thanks to anyone who has visited the blog over the years. I'll be continuing to add posts from time to time, with a flurry of activity if volcanoes erupt, or I take a trip to Iceland and revisit my books and visit new places...


Image: Thingvallavatn, Alan Parkinson, shared under CC license

Comments