Dec 31: Thanks for reading

This is the end of a very different year to the one I was anticipating when I started my blog for the year 2020. The plan was that this would run alongside the development of my own knowledge of Iceland's geography, as I worked with colleagues to train and work as a field studies tutor for Rayburn Tours.

I had explored their resources, and was ready for four trips to the country, and also a meet up with Tony Escritt and another with Ben Hennig and family.

My diary emptied out in March, along with most other people's and all trips were cancelled. I've carried on with the blog anyway to help with my further researches. New Year's Eve is traditionally a time for bonfires in Reykjavik, but this year there will be no bonfires although fireworks are now going to be sold (they raise money for the emergency services by selling them).

This blog will now be paused until the following happen:

- some important Icelandic stories emerge in the news

- I get to go back to Iceland again - hopefully in October 2021

Thanks for reading. Stay safe.

The last day of the year, and the last day of the blog.

I start on my next 365 project tomorrow.

Icelanders love New Year's Eve. 

Here's some fireworks from a previous celebration, complete with aurora


Join a Livestream from 6.50pm European Time on the Iceland Naturally Facebook page.


Gleðilegt nýtt ár! 

Comments