Mar 17: Sending best wishes to the people of Iceland

I'm breaking into my alphabet series of posts to offer my best wishes to all those involved in welcoming visitors to Iceland.

As the Coronavirus spreads, it was announced yesterday that incoming flights to Iceland are being stopped.
Many of the businesses that have developed over the years to provide the support for visitors, be they tourists or students are now going to suffer serious disruption.
This also includes all those companies who have been organising trips for schools, based in the UK and elsewhere who will see no income for months.
These include all the businesses themselves, catering companies and cafes, coach companies, airport staff, guides, restaurants and those selling merchandise.

I look forward to the day when the wheels of my plane touch down in Iceland once again.
Until then, take care of yourself and best wishes.

Comments