Feb 3: Images from previous visits - 2010

It's now coming up for 10 years since I first visited Iceland in October 2010. I was working for the Geographical Association at the time, and we were approached by Travelbound, who wanted to move into education visits (they mostly did foreign and ski trips at the time). They have since done that.
I accompanied a group of teachers, and we also had Travelbound representatives and a vulcanologist from Cambridge University. It gave me a real taste for Iceland, and I couldn't wait to get back as soon as possible. We also visited the farm at Thorvaldseyri and spoke to the farmer who took some of the iconic images of the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull and had yet to set up the visitor centre. There was still ash everywhere from the April eruption (more on that to come in a future blog post).
I took hundreds of images, and the full versions of them all are somewhere on a hard drive. for me to explore in more detail.
Remind me to get them out again and do some editing.

There is a sample in the Flickr album here. I quite look some of them, which I've used for a number of purposes.
One of my images you may have seen - the one below.
When the GA published some postcard sets a few years ago, this was chosen as one of the images to be produced.


Image: Alan Parkinson

Comments