Jan 16: Quote of the Day

Occasionally, the blog will feature quotes from writers who have turned their attention towards Iceland itself, rather than particular aspects of Icelandic life. These will often be shared on days when I haven't had the time to create, or more likely to finish off (I have nearly 100 posts in draft already) an existing post in time to keep to my schedule of a post a day for the whole year of 2020.

The first one is taken from the book above.
This will have it's own entry on the blog once I have finished reading it. It has already actually triggered another ten potential blog posts and I've only just got to Chapter 2 - it's that good.
For details on how to purchase it go here. I bought it from my local bookshop as I like to buy books from there wherever possible.
There are some excellent book shops in Reykjavik, and I'm hoping to revisit them later in the year.

Here's the publisher's trail for the book:



You can listen to the authors during one of the visits to Iceland on the ABC Podcasts page here.

And here was the quote.... one of the authors: Kari Gislason explains how Iceland lacks the historic buildings of other countries as historically it has been poor....

"The sagas are the true castles of Iceland. They're the stories that created the islands self of itself. I think that without the sagas, Icelanders would forget how to be themselves".

More on the Sagas to come in a later post as well....

Comments