Jan 15: Karaoke

Thanks to TREX Geography (of whom there is more to come in a later blog post) for the link to a nice video I hadn't seen before from the Inspired by Iceland website. It's great fun, and educational too, and is part of the tourism marketing of the country of course.



As I've said already, I am going to try to learn some basic Icelandic language this year, so that I can immerse myself a little more into the culture of the country, of which the language forms part.

I knew some of these words already, but the pronunciation is going to be my downfall of course.

I'm using this book as a pocket companion to try to go over a few key phrases when I get a moment. At just £2.25 from Amazon, it should be a no-brainer purchase for anyone keen to learn a few key phrases, even if it's just to say Ekki séns! (which means 'No way!')

What are your favourite, or most useful Icelandic words or sayings?

Comments